- Big data analytics for transportation: travel demand analysis, and discrete choice modeling;
- Connected and autonomous vehicles: technologies, and impacts;
- Multimodal transportation and shared mobility: non-motorized transportation (bicycle and public transit) systems planning and operations, carsharing, and bike-sharing;
- Traffic system operation and control: traffic simulation, and active traffic management (variable speed limits and managed lanes); and
- Transportation system analysis and network modeling: equilibrium-based traffic assignment, network design and highway improvements, travel time reliability, freeway bottleneck identification and mitigation, and congestion pricing.
Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. –Joshua J. Marine