- College of Engineering Graduate Teaching Award Nominee, UNC Charlotte, April 2016.
- University Research Award, University of Texas at Tyler, April 2012.
- Franz Edelman Award Nominee for Achievement in Operations Research and the Management Sciences, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), November 2011.
- Professional Engineer (Registration No. 103500), Texas, June 2009.
- ASCE ExCEEd Teaching Fellow, 2007.
- Best Civil Engineering Professor of the Year, University of Texas at Tyler, 2006-2007.
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in America, October 2007, 2010.
- SAS Certified Based and Advanced Programmer, November 2004.
- Robert Herman Award Nominee for the Southwest University Transportation Center (SWUTC) in U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), January 2004.
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile. – Roger Staubach