Tiefu Zhao, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Associate, Energy Production and Infrastructure Center (EPIC)
University of North Carolina – Charlotte
Address: EPIC 1160, 8700 Phillips Rd, Charlotte, NC 28223
- Eaton Corporate Research & Technology, Milwaukee, WI, 2010 – 2016
- Ph.D., North Carolina State University, USA, 2010.
- M.S., Tsinghua University, China, 2005.
- B.S. with Excellent Graduate Honor, Tsinghua University, China, 2003.
- Grid Edge Power Electronics
- Solid State Transformers and Solid State Circuit Protection
- DC Distribution, Microgrid and Renewable Energy Integration
- Wide Bandgap Device Applications
- Real-time Simulation
- Distribution Automation and Data Analytics
- 2015 IAS Andrew W. Smith Outstanding Young Member Award (to recognize outstanding achievement and contributions to the profession by an IAS member less than 35 years of age)
- 2015 STEM Forward Young Engineer of the Year Award (to recognize an outstanding contributor to the engineering profession from the greater Milwaukee area under the age of 40)
- As the Chair of IEEE Milwaukee Section IAS/IES Joint Chapter, led the chapter with winning the 2015 IES Best Chapter Activity Award for demonstrated and outstanding performance.
- IEEE Senior Member, 2012 – Present
- Member of IEEE Industry Application Society (IAS), Power Electronics Society (PELS), Industrial Electronics Society (IAS) and Power and Energy Society (PES), 2012 – Present
- Chair of the IEEE Milwaukee Section IAS/IES Joint Chapter, 2012 – 2016
- Industry Advisory Board Member of National Science Foundation (NSF) Engineering Research Center (ERC) – Future Renewable Electric Energy Delivery and Management (FREEDM) Systems Center at North Carolina State University, 2014 – 2016.