1. Lindsey K. and Smith S.T., UK Patent GB 2 221 962 B Precision motion slideways 20 pages (also filed in the USSR and Denmark)
2. Lindsey K. and Smith S.T, U. S. A. Patent # 4,944,606 Precision Motion Slideways (1990)
3. Bowen D.K., Chetwynd D.G. and Smith S.T., UK Patent 9126066.1 Scanning tip microscope translation mechanism (1991)
4. Howard L.P. and Smith S.T., USA. Patent # 5,450,746, Constant force stylus profiling apparatus and method (1995), name erroneously omitted but apparently rectified, yet to find out new patent #.
5. Bartlett P.N., Chetwynd D.G., Gardner J.W. and Smith S.T., UK Patent 9318081.9 and 9416444.9, Tunable low friction bearings, filed 1 September 1993.
6. Pereira P.H., Muralidhar A., Hocken R.J., Miller J.A. and Smith S.T., USA. Patent # 6,434,845 B1, A two-axis, static and dynamic force characterization device, filed April 1998, accepted May 2002, issued August 2002.
7. C. Hsu, G. Singh and Smith S.T., US patent # 6,244,122 B1, Self-aligning decoupled nut mechanism, filed 10-1-98, accepted 04-1-2001, published 6-12-2001.
8. Dogaru T. and Smith S.T., USA. Patent # 6,504,363 B1, Sensor for eddy current testing and method of use thereof, provisional patent filing submitted Sept. 1998, patent filed 8th March 2000, accepted December 10th 2001, published January 7th 2003.
9. Dogaru T. and Smith S.T.,USA Patent # 6,822,443 B1, Sensors and probes for mapping electromagnetic fields, filed 10th September 2001, 54 pages, 99 claims, 43 figures, application # 09/950,093, issued 11/23/2004 with name erroneously omitted, name included on August 23rd 2005 reissue #6,933,717 B1.
10. Dogaru T. and Smith S.T., GMR based proximity sensor, preliminary patent filed 12-12-2000
11. Woody S.C., Smith S.T. and R.M. Seugling, US Patent # 6,707,230 B2, Closed loop control systems employing relaxor ferroelectrics, provisional patent filed july 2001, accepted October 2003, issued March 16th 2004.
12. Smith S.T. and Brinkley D., 2001, A nanotransistor, provisional patent filed sept. 2001, to be refiled.
13. Smith S.T., Woody S.C., # 7,308,747, Method of positioning a platform relative to a fixed frame and a small scale positioning device, provisional patent filed January 2003, applied for December 30th 2004 #2004 0261249 A1, issued December 18th 2007.
14. Woody S.C., Smith S.T., Iida D., Jain P., A Method Employing A DSP Based Programmable AC Bridge Reference to Enhance Reactance-based Displacement Sensing, provisional filed November 2003.
15. Bauza M., Hocken R.J. and Smith S.T., Patent #7,278,297 B2, An oscillating probe with a virtual probe tip, provisional filed 11-2003, internal file # COEN-CPM-IR-2003-053, full patent filed 11-16-04 serial # 10/989,744 and PCT serial # PCT/US04/38,446, issued Oct. 9th 2007.
16. Bauza M., Woody S.C., Jain P. and Smith S.T., Patent #6,901,677 B2, Method and Apparatus for Using a Closed Loop Controlled Actuator for Surface Profilometry, provisional filed 5-2003, internal reference # COEN-MEC-AA-2003-027, applied for November 11th 2004 #20040221465 A1, awarded June 7th 2005.
17. Bauza M., Smith S.T. and Woody S.C., US Patent #7,815,373 B2 A symmetric spindle design, Provisional patent filed April 2004, # COEN-CPM-IR-2004-018, filed April 2005, 0242258 A1, issued October 19th 2010.
18. Ellis J., Smith S.T., Hocken R.J., #7568381 B2 Method and apparatus for surface property measurements and profiling indentations with in-process compensation of instrument frame distortions, Preliminary patent filed May 2006, full patent filed May 2007, accepted April 17th 2009, issued August 5th 2009.
19. Buice E.S., Smith S.T. and Yang H., Vacuum compatible feedscrew mechanism, written but never filed.
20. Woody S.C., Bauza M. and Smith S.T., US Patent #7,735,358, Self-sensing devices and associated methods for micro and nanoscale manipulation and assembly, filed 15th June 2007. US patent application 20070240516 A1,. Issued June 15th 2010.
21. Woody S.C., Bauza M. and Smith S.T., US Patent #7,900,506 B2, 2007, Multi-dimensional standing wave probe for microscale and nanoscale measurement, manipulation and surface modification, Appl# 11/956,915, 12/14/2007, publication # 2008/0202222, Issued March 8th 2011.
22. Bauza M. and Smith S.T., Multi-wall fiber bundle designs for manufacture of compact fuel cells, preliminary patent filed September 25th 2008.
23. Bauza M. and Smith S.T., Fiber bundle designs for manufacture of micro-reactors, preliminary patent filed September 25th 2008.
24. Smith S.T., Nowakowski B.K., Mullany B. and Woody S.C., Surface Modification by Induction of Localized Fluid Circulation, Preliminary US 61/098,296, filed 10/15/2008.
25. Woody S.C., Woody B.A., Bauza M.B., Smith S.T., Chakraborty N., Standing wave fluidic and biological tools, filed February 2009, pub. No. US2009/0288479 A1.