Academic and Community Service Activities (Selected)
Faculty Representative, Faculty Council – 2017-2018.
Faculty Representative, Faculty Council – 2014-2015.
- College of Engineering Faculty Organization, Faculty President–2016-2017.
- College of Engineering Faculty Organization, President Elect–2015-2016.
- EPIC Associate Director Search Committee – Member, 2016.
- EPIC Grid Modernization Cluster Assistant Director Search committee – Member, 2016.
- College of Engineering Faculty Organization – President 2016.
- College of Engineering Faculty Organization – President Elect 2015.
- Member EPIC Implementation Committee – 2013-2015.
- Lab Director, Duke Energy Smart Grid Laboratory – 2012-2016.
- EPIC Director Search Committee, 2010.
- Undergraduate Student Advisor – 2014-2016.
- Undergraduate Concentration in Power and Energy Systems –Faculty Point of Contact -2013-2016.
- Chair, Department Review Committee (DRC) for Tenure and Promotion – 2014-2015.
- Faculty Search Committee Chair—2013. Search organized for power system faculty.
- Technical Thrust Group Chair for Power and Energy Systems—August 2010-August 2012. Under my leadership, the graduate and undergraduate Power and Energy concentration curriculum changes have been initiated
- Voting Member, Department Review Committee (DRC) for Tenure and Promotion – 2011-2012, Contributions towards DRC policy document update.
- Member ABET review team, 2011. Contribution towards ICAP, ABET documents compilation.
Professional Affiliations and Service Activities (Selected)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) – Member: 2000-Current.
- IEEE Control Systems Society–Member: 2000-Current.
- IEEE Industrial Electronics Society –Member: 2009- Current
- IEEE Industrial Applications Society –Member: 2009- Current
- Industrial Applications Control Committee—Member: 2009-Current
- IEEE Power Electronics Society- Member: 2009- Current
- IEEE Power & Energy Society – Member: 2000-Current.
- International Society of Computer Applications (ISCA) – Member: 2003- 2007.
- International Association of Engineers (IAENG) – Member: 2005- Current.
- POWERGLOBE– Member: 2005- Current.
- Florida Energy Systems Consortium (FESC) – Member 2009- Current
- Member, IACC Technical Program Committee, IAS Annual Meeting -2016.
- Secretary, Industrial Automation and Control Committee, IEEE IAS- 2016-2018
- General Co-Chair, IEEE PES, North American Power Symposium- 2015
- Power Energy Education Committee (PEEC)
- PEEC Adcom Committee Member- 2015-2017
- Life Long Learning Sub Committee- Chair 2014-2017
- Life Long Learning Sub Committee- Vice Chair 2012-2014
- Life Long Learning Sub Committee- Secretary 2010-2012
- Program Chair, NC Smart Grid Forum 2012—2012.
- Vice Chair, IEEE Charlotte Section Power and Energy Society, 2010-2011.
- Secretary, IEEE Charlotte Section, 2014.
- Chair, IEEE Charlotte Section Power and Energy Society, 2012-2016.
- West Florida Technical High school Advisory Board: Member 2005- 2010.
- SC Smart Grid Energy Center, Proposal Adhoc Reviewer, 2013.
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 2013-2014, 2016- present
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 2013.
- Guest Editor, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 2012.
Grant Review (Panelist)
- NSF and NSERC Discovery Grant
Grant Refereeing (Adhoc)
- NSF Panel
- NSERC Fellow Review
- SC State Smart Grid Consortium Review
- AAAS Grant Review
Manuscript Refereeing (Journal- Selected)
- IEEE Transactions on Power Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid
- IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy
- IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion
- IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks
- IEEE Transactions on Education
- IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- International Journal of System Science.
- Journal of Fuzzy Sets and Systems
- International Journal of Power and Energy Systems
- International Journal of Electric Power and Energy Systems
- Journal of Neural Computing and Applications
- Control Systems Practice
- International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing
Manuscript Refereeing (Conferences)
- IEEE American Control Conference, 2008, 2007.
- IEEE Multi-conference on Systems and Control, 2007.
- IFAC World Congress, 2008.
- IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 2008, 2007.
- IJME Intertech Joint International Conference, 2007.
- Student Poster Session, IEEE PES General Meeting, Tampa, FL, 2007.
- North American Power Symposium, 2007, 2009-2015.
- IEEE South Eastern Conference, Memphis, USA, 2006.
- IEEE PES General Meeting
Other Professional Activities and Accomplishments (Selected)
Conference Organizations and Services
- Session Co-Chair, IEEE ISGT, 2016.
- Session Co-Chair, IEEE PES General Meeting, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016.
- Advisory Committee NAPS 2016.
- International Program Committee, IEEE PEDES 2016, 800 papers submitted.
- General Co-Chair: North American Power Symposium (NAPS) 2015, 280 attendees and 187 papers accepted.
- Symposium Chair: NC Smart Grid Forum, 2012, 150 attendees and panel and paper sessions.
- Session Chair, IEEE NAPS, 2009-2015.
- Session Chair, IEEE IAS Annual Meeting 2010-2015.
- Session Organizer, IEEE IAS Annual Meeting 2010-2015.
- Program Committee Member, Florida Energy Systems Consortium (FESC) Energy Summit, Orlando, Florida, USA, 2010.
- Panelist, IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, 2011.
- Session(s) Chair, IEEE South Eastern Conference, Memphis, USA, 2006.
- Panelist, Research Student and Faculty Internal Grant, UWF.
- Evaluate and Judget, IEEE South East Con, Student paper and Ethics Competition
- Sessions Chair, International Conference on Artificial Intelligence
- Reviewer, Computer Applications Society