Peer Reviewed Journal publications and Book Chapters
1. Srivastava, N., Tkacik, P. T., and Keanini, R. G., “Ascending rockets as macroscopic self-propelled Brownian oscillators”, Proceedings of the Royal Society, Proceedings A, RSPA-2012-0273.
2. B. Mullany, H. Shahinian, J. Navare, F. Azimi, E. Fleischhauer, P. Tkacik, R. Keanini, “The application of computational fluid dynamics to vibratory finishing processes”, CIRP Annals Manufacturing Technology – Vol.66/1 and for presentation at the 2017 CIRP General Assembly in Lugano, Switzerland.
3. Lim, J. H., MacLeod. B., and Tkacik, P. “Between Two Communities of Practice: (Un)Shared Experience of Undergraduate Peer Mentors and Mentees”, Mentoring and Tutoring: Partnerships in Learning Journal (in press), (also presented at 2015 AERA Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL April 2015).
4. R. G. Keanini, P. T. Tkacik, E. Fleischhauser, H. Shahinian, J.Sholar, F. Azimi, and B. Mullany, “Macroscopic Liquid-State Molecular Hydrodynamics”, Nature Scientific Reports, #SREP-16-46212, (accepted upon minor revision)
5. Hellman, S., Uddin, M., Tkacik, P.T., and Kelly, S. D., “Experimental Study Comparing Racecar Aerodynamic Downforce-Generating Devices Using Scale Model NASCAR Cot”, International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 281−288 (2016) DOI 10.1007/s12239−016−0028−7
6. Popat, J., Nabar, A., Read, M., Fu, C., Zhang, C., Kausik, G., Patel, H., and Tkacik, P., “A Statistical Study of Tire Pressures on Road Going Vehicles”, SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars – Mechanical Systems, June 2016 9:560-564; doi:10.4271/2016-01-1572, (also presented in 2016 SAE World Congress).
7. Patel, H., Casino, M., Noakes, D., Kauffman, N., Rohwedder, D., Popat, J., Nabar, A., and Tkacik, P., “Suspension Variables Influencing Vehicle Wheel Alignment Measurements”, SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars – Mechanical Systems, June 2016 9:551-559; doi:10.4271/2016-01-1571, (also presented in 2016 SAE World Congress).
8. E. Fleischhauer, F. Azimi, P. Tkacik, R. Keanini, and B. Mullany, “Application of particle image velocimetry (PIV) to vibrational finishing”, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 229, March 2016, Pages 322–328.
9. S. Hellman, P. Tkacik, M. Uddin, and S. Kelly, “Experimental study comparing racecar aerodynamic downforce-generating devices using scale model NASCAR COT” International Journal of Automotive Technology, Paper no. 220140412, DOI: 10.1007/s12239-016-0028-7.
10. Keanini, R. G., Tkacik, P. T., Srivastava, N., Thorsett-Hill, K., and Tomsyck, J., “Millisecond-scale shock-train evolution in high pressure ratio nozzles: schlieren imaging and qualitative analysis of shock-boundary layer interaction”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 8 May 2013.
11. Keanini, R. G., Srivastava, N., Tkacik, P. T., Weggel, D. C., and Knight, P. D. “Stochastic Rocket Dynamics Under Random Nozzle Side Loads: Ornstein-Uhlenbeck Boundary Layer Separation and its Coarse Grained Connection to Side Loading and Rocket Response”, Annalen der Physik 523 (2011) (also uploaded in ArXiv).
12. Tkacik, P. T., Keanini, R. G., Srivastava, N., and Tkacik, M. P., “Color Schlieren Imaging of High-Pressure Overexpanded Planar Nozzle Flow using a Simple, Low-Cost Test Apparatus”, DOI: 10.1007/s12650-010-0056-8 Journal of Visualization, 2010.
13. Srivastava, N., Keanini, R. G., and Tkacik, P.T., “On the influence of nozzle random side-loads on launch vehicle dynamics”, The Journal of Applied Physics, published August 2010.
14. Keanini, R. G., Srivastava, N., Tkacik, P. T., Weggel, D. C., and Knight, P. D., “Stochastic Rocket Dynamics Under Random Nozzle Side Loads: Ornstein-Uhlenbeck Boundary Layer Separation and its Coarse Grained Connection to Side Loading and Rocket Response”, Cornell University Library, ArXiv 1101.3789, 19 January 2011 (later accepted as Annalen der Physik paper).
15. Gall R., Tkacik, P.T., and Andrews, M.A., “On the Incorporation of Frictional Effects in the Contact Area – Tire/Ground,” Tire Science and Technology, TSTCA, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 2-22, January 1993. Presented at annual conference as well and award received for “Excellence of Presentation and Significance of Content”.
16. Deodhar, N., Vermillion, C., and Tkacik, P., “A Case Study in Experimentally-Infused Plant and Controller Optimization for Airborne Wind Energy Systems”, Proceedings of the American Control Conference 2015: 2371-2376 , Chicago, IL, July 2015
17. Uddin, M., Hellman, S. E., Tkacik, P. T., Kelly, S., “Experimental Investigations on Racecar Spin-Aero Using Scale Model NASCAR COT”, Proceedings of the 13th Asian Congress of Fluid Mechanics, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 17-21 December 2010.