Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Office: Motorsports Research Building, Room 103
- Bonnie E. Cone Early-Career Professorship in Teaching 5/2016 to 5/2019
- Thirty Four research grant awards and Three equipment donations totaling $5.4MM, $4,100,000 in grants (PI on 26 totaling $3.61MM). Equipment donations worth $629,000.
- Completed two PhD and twenty one Masters. Graduate advisor for thirteen grad students (five PhD, eight MS). Committee member for twenty completed.
- UG mentor for 239 students in senior design (214) and SREU (25).
- 71 peer reviewed publications, a book chapter, 19 journal papers, 45 student coauthors.
- Major initiatives towards tire cornering force research and veterans in engineering.
- 42 service roles; eleven national, four university, four college, fourteen department, one center, three to the community, and three as UG student team advisor.
- Taught sixteen different classes, ten of which are new to UNC Charlotte.
- Other activities:
- Three patents and Eight provisional or patent publications.
- Professional Engineer licensed in state of SC #11151.
- Expert witness on several tire cases (mostly wear related).
The Charlotte Business Journal took this picture of me running the PIV laser at the water tunnel.