- Member of Mosaic Computing Team. 12 years at UNC Charlotte. Manage 30 Dept websites in Joomla, all Oracle and MySQL databases, 70 WP Faculty sites, 20 WP student org sites
- Powers over 64 Million websites: http://en.wordpress.com/stats/
- Powers the websites of many major companies: http://en.wordpress.com/notable-users/
- Powers the websites & blogs of many major universities: Duke, UNC Chapel Hill, etc…
Overview of WordPress
- Is it a blog or a website?
- What do I need to manage a site or post content?
- Does it work on a Mobile Devices and/or Tablet?
- Logging in
- Dashboard and Overview of the Menu system
- Posts vs Pages: What is the difference?
- Posts have Tags and Categories, Pages do not.
- Pages are for “static” webpages, Posts are blog entries (date/time)
- Media Library
- Adding/Removing Widgets
- Changing the Order
- Changing the Order of the menu items
- Removing a menu item
- Adding a custom link
- Added a Post category
- Creating Sub-Menus
- Editing a Post
- “Slug” / Permalinks
- Status: Publish vs Draft
- Visibility: Public, Private, Password
- Other Files
- Featured Image
- WebForms in WordPress using Formidable Forms: Use for webforms on your site?
- Integration of Google Calendar
- How to do it (get code from google, paste it in HTML mode, do not chg)
- iCal Events List Plugin
- WordPress Apps for Mobile Devices: http://en.support.wordpress.com/apps/
- Get App for device, enable XML-RPC (Settings -> Writing), config app
- Ideas for the use of this
- WordPress blogging client apps for the PC:
- Integration of Social Media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Photo Gallery
- Album vs Gallery
- Upload single photo, upload bulk images
- How to show a gallery or album on a page or post
- How to re-organize your photos
Suggestions for Additional Features, Tips
Sharing of ideas