- Dr. Philipp Epple, a Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department at Coburg University of Applied Sciences, will visit UNCC and NADGOD Research Group.
- He will have a talk in EPIC: CFD and EFD in the Design Process of Turbomachines.
- Dr. Goudarzi and Rushang had a visit of Carrier HAP company in Charlotte.
- Dr. Ehsan Languri, Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department and Associate Director of Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) at Tennessee Tech University, visited UNCC and NADGOD Research Group.
- Rushang and Akshit participated in the Appalachian Energy Summit (AES) 2017
- Dr. Goudarzi and Rushang participated in the North Carolina Building Performance Association (NCBPA) Conference:
- Rushang presented his work on High-Performance Commercial Buildings: HVAC Systems.
- Dr. Goudarzi host the 1st NCDOT workshop in Charlotte and at UNCC.
- Prof. Magnus Genrup, Head of Department of Energy Sciences, Lund University, Sweden visited UNCC and NADGOD Research Group.
- Dr. Goudarzi and Shruti participated in the ASME Power 2017 Conference:
- Advance Energy Systems (Wind, Solar, and Geothermal) Track Chair (Track 1-7)
- Plant Construction Issues and Supply Chain Management Track Chair (Track 1-6)
- Four presentations:
- Hydro power: the potential of a novel marine hydrokinetic turbine technology
- Sustainable infrastructure and transportation: wave attenuation and SAV mitigation strategies of coastal waters
- Structural analysis of a novel ducted wind turbine (Shruti Research)
- Exhaust systems: CO2 emission reduction using zeolite catalyst (Shruti Research)
- Dr. Goudarzi participated in the UNCC Graduation Ceremony
- Dr. Goudarzi, Rushang, and Shruti participated in the North Carolina Building Performance Association (NCBPA) Conference:
- Rushang and Shruti presented High-Performance Buildings: Energy Efficiency Tools.
- Dr. Goudarzi won the NSF-ICORP award to further explore the integration of renewable energy technologies in buildings.
- Dr. Goudarzi won the Faculty Research Grant (FRG) to develop a cost-performance model for achieving 100% electricity generation from renewable energy resources.
- Dr. Goudarzi participated in the ASME IMECE 2016 Conference:
- Renewable Energy Topic Chair (Topic 8-11)
- Energy Systems for Buildings Track Chair (Track 8-10)
- Two presentations:
- Wind energy conversion systems: Aerodynamic performance evaluation of vertical axis wind turbine configurations
- Cost performance tradeoff study of Wind Systems: Grid-Scale Storage and Transmission
- Initiating the collaboration with WindGrabber-Omni-Directional Building Integrated Wind Energy Power Enhancer Systems.
- Dr. Goudarzi participated in the UNCC Explore Day on Oct. 22, 2016.
- Dr. Goudarzi joined Mechanical Engineering Program (ETCM) at University of North Carolina at Charlotte.