MSc/PhD/Postdoc/Visiting Scholar Applicants
Individuals interested in joining NADGOD group, please send a full CV and copies of transcripts to Dr. Goudarzi via email (email@example.com). Review of applications will begin immediately.
- Areas of interest:
- You can choose from the ongoing projects, research interests, or describe your areas of interest.
- Potential applicants with strong knowledge of computational/experimental fluid dynamics (CFD/EFD), strong background in CFD software tools (e.g. ANSYS Workbench, Star-CCM, etc.), and programming skills (e.g. Fortran) are preferred.
- Current Computational/Experimental Research Position Priorities include: (1) Ocean Current/Wave Technologies, (2) CFD-Based Machine Learning Algorithms to Explore Ocean Phenomena.
- Position desired:
- Visiting scholar
- Most recent or current
- Minimum GPA requirement: 3.2 out of 4.0 (undergraduate level) and 3.5 out of 4.0 (graduate level)
- Duration of expected involvement/commitment
- 0-6 months
- 6 months-1 year
- 1-2 years
- +2 years
- Funding Source
- Seeking for funding
- Statement of Purpose (300 words):
- Research background
- Research interests
- Short-term and long-term goals
- Significant achievements (awards, honors, etc.)
Motivated and self-driven undergraduate students seeking to gain research experience and enhance their hand-on laboratory skills are welcome to apply. No lab experience is required but commitment and enthusiasm are strongly desired for undergraduate research positions. The current active projects include: building energy analysis (computationally and experimentally), marine and hydrokinetic turbine design and manufacturing, gearbox design and manufacturing, wind tunnel and water tunnel testing, flow visualization using particle image velocity (PIV), and energy resource assessment analysis. Please send your resume to Dr. Goudarzi via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Selected students will receive a partial financial support based on their experiences.