Navid Goudarzi, PhD
The William States Lee College of Engineering
University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC)
9201 University City Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
The latest Group updates is here
Dr. Goudarzi is an Assistant Professor in the Mechanical Engineering program (ETCM) Department, and an Energy Production and Infrastructure Center (EPIC) Associate, at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC). He has +5 years of experience in developing sustainable concepts for clean energy systems through an extensive collaboration with scientists in academia and engineers in the industry. His current research is focused on computational and experimental fluid dynamics analysis, and cost modeling of green energy systems.
During academic year 2017-18, Dr. Goudarzi will serve as the Associate Editor of Energy for Sustainable Development Journal, the Chair of Track 1-7 (Renewable Energy Systems: Solar, Wind, Hydro and Geothermal) in the ASME Power 2018 Conference, and the Chair of Renewable Energy Topic in the ASME IMECE 2018 Conference.
Dr. Goudarzi research interest areas include:
- Computational and Experimental Fluid Dynamics
- CFD-based Machine Learning Algorithms
- Marine and Hydrokinetic Energy (non-linear flow interactions and turbulence of wave energy converter (WEC) and current turbines)
- Wind Energy (rotor aerodynamics, buoyant air turbines, economics of wind energy)
- Building Energy Analysis (renewable energy integration, infrared thermography)
- Contract Engineering with focus on performance-based logistics/outcome-based contracts
- Development of Sustainable Concepts for Clean Energy Systems
- Computational Bio-Fluid Modeling