Derivatives of Trig Functions: Applications
1. Find the slope of the tangent to the curve y = x2 – sin2 x at x = 2.
2. For the equation y = 3cosx, find the minimum and maximum points.
3. The displacement of a particle is given by s = 2t sec t1/2. Determine the velocity of the particle at t = 0.04.
4. A weight which is connected to a spring moves so that its displacement is:
x = sin 2t + 31/2cos 2t
What is its maximum displacement.
5. A V-shaped trough is to be constructed with sides that are 200cm long and 30 cm wide. Find the angle between the sides that maximizes the capacity of the trough.