Applications of Exponential & Log Function Derivatives
1. The number of bacteria, N, in a certain culture grows exponentially according to: N = 10,000e0.1t where t is in hours.What is the rate of population increase at a) t = 0?
b) t = 100?
2. The charge across a capacitor at any time t is given by:
q = e-0.02t(0.05cos 2t)
Find the current in the circuit.
3. A particle moves along a straight line according to:
s = 2e3t + 5e-3t
Find equations for the velocity and acceleration of the particle.
4. The current in a circuit is given by:
i = 4t2e8/t
Find the times when the current is a minimum or maximum.
5. Exhaust fans are ventilating a room such that the number of cubic feet of CO2 in the room after t minutes is n = 3(e-0.05t + 1). what is the rate of change of n?
6. A casting is taken from one oven at 1500F and placed into another at 0F, but rising at a rate of 100o/hr. The temperature is then:
T = 100t + 1500e-0.2t
Find the minimum temperature and when it occurs.