- June, Alexander Scott from Tennessee Technological University joined the REU project supported by the MEES Department funded SREU program.
- June, Grace Yook (rising freshman) and John Troutman joined the REU project supported by the NSF-funded NanoSURE Program.
- May, John Troutman and Maria Cannizzo completed their senior design project successfully.
- April, John Troutman presented “Deposition and Measurement at the Nanoscale” on the 2012 Undergraduate Research Conference and won the 1st place Department Award. Congratulations!
- April, Dr. Zhang received supplemental support from NSF.
- October, Dr. Zhang received supplemental support from NSF.
- September, Tao Sheng joined Zhang Group as a PhD student.
- August, John Troutman and Maria Cannizzo started their senior design project under Dr. Zhang’s supervision.
- June, Taylor Garrick joined Zhang group as a REU student supported by the NSF-funded NanoSURE program.
- May, John Troutman joined Zhang group as a REU student supported by the NSF grant.
- April, Padmanabha Chavvakula got his Master degree after successfully passed his thesis defense. Congratulations!
- July, Dr. Zhang received a NSF grant from the Division of Materials Research.
- December, Jason Marmon started his Ph.D study which is co-advised by Dr. Zhang and Dr. Yong Zhang.
- August, Dr. Zhang together with Dr. Howie Fang received a fund from P.T. International Corp.
- August, Padmanabha Chavvakula joined Zhang group as a MS student.
- August, Dr. Zhang started his position as an assistant research professor at UNC Charlotte.