[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”4″ display=”basic_slideshow” gallery_width=”800″ interval=”2000″ show_thumbnail_link=”0″]
Welcome to TeCSAR!
The Transformative Computer Systems and Architecture Research Laboratory (TeCSAR) has been established in August 2016 under the direction of Dr. Hamed Tabkhi.
The mission of TeCSAR is to bring recent advances in machine learning, deep learning, and data analytics to our communities for enhancing the safety, security, and overall well-being without jeopardizing the privacy of residents. At TeCSAR, we focus on developing novel technologies across the entire computing stack including data analytics and machine learning applications, system software and firmware, real- time distributed computing, data storage, security, and privacy built-in computer systems. With this, our aim is to enable real-time decentralized edge cognitive Intelligence integrated into community environments to enable a broad range of Smart and Connected Communities applications. Few examples are AI for public and pedestrian safety, smart transportation, and smart energy and health care systems. To achieve this broad mission, the faculty and students closely work with domain experts from civil and construction engineering, power electronics, social sciences, and criminal justice, as well as community partners, stakeholders and leading industries, and the general public and community residents.
- Arun Ravindran, Andrew Willis, Babak Parkhideh; Electrical and Computer Engineering, UNCC
- Shannon Reid; Criminal Justice and Criminology, UNCC
- Doug Shoemaker; Geography and Earth Sciences, UNCC
- Srinivas Pulugurtha, Omid Shoghli; Civil and Environmental Engineering, UNCC
- Amirhossein Ghassemi; Mechanical Engineering, UNCC
- Gunar Schirner; Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northeastern University
- Sustainability office; City of Charlotte