Current Research Teams
Dr. Glenda Mayo
- Robert Gooljar. Freight Planning Tool for Ferry Division. (GIS Analysis for NCDOT)
- George Poulos. Facility Condition Assessments and Building Reset
- Jesse Mallard. Visual Owner’s Data (3D scanning and Insta360 documentation)
Past Student Researchers
- Ahbay Yerekar (2016 Project): Reverse Approach to the Owner’s Data Needs.
- Kapupara (2017 Project): Forensic benefits of point cloud data.
- Pauline Karanja (2017 Thesis): Best practices for asset condition assessments of facilities. Pauline explored the existing state and federal reporting mandates and a possible standardization of condition assessment reporting. Pauline’s research was accepted as an APPA’s Center for Facilities Research project.
- Daxil Raja (2018 Thesis): Framework for Determining the Remaining Useful Life of the NCFS Ferry Vessels. NCDOT grant with the NC Ferry Service (NCFS) to conduct condition assessments for inclusion into the RUL Framework.
- Balagee Subramanian (2019 Thesis). RUL for the NC Ferry Service.
- Tyler Morgan (2019 Thesis): Manpower Efficiency of the Manns Harbor Shipyard utilizing Data Envelopment Analysis.
L to R: Daxil Raja, Marshall Coleman with the NC Ferry Division, and Tyler Morgan.
- Josh Parker (2016 Project): 3D Scanning for Reconstruction.