Research areas include interests in Facilities Management and Construction Curriculum
The basic importance of information use in facilities may be tied to the life cycle operating costs of building ownership. The FM sector is responsible for the real property as a corporate asset, which accounts for 35 to 50 percent of an organization’s balance sheet – Jordani 2010.
- Non-Geometric Building Information for Owners
- Value of Building Information
- Big Data and Taxonomy for FM
- Data access for facility personnel
- Data Envelopment Analysis using CMMS output
- 3D Scanning benefits for facilities
Building Security and Building Codes
- Accessibility Code
- Mayo, G.. and Snider, D. (Univ. of West Florida) Building Management Data and Cyber Security
- Facilities Information Systems at UNC Charlotte $3,800 proposal for 3D scanning
- PI. Faculty Research Grant (FRG). A Reverse Approach to Owner’s Information. ($6,000).
- NCDOT RNS#( RP 2017-31): Development of Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) for the Vessels in the Ferry Fleet and the Development of an Asset Management Plan for the Remaining Ferry Assets. $260,913.
- CDT Prep Test App to enable the capability to collect data from student prep scores to analyze contribution to teaching based on areas of weakness.
- Utilizing facilitation techniques for student group assignments