Research areas include interests in Facilities Management and Construction Management
The basic importance of information use in facilities may be tied to the life cycle operating costs of building ownership. The FM sector is responsible for the real property as a corporate asset, which accounts for 35 to 50 percent of an organization’s balance sheet – Jordani 2010.
Building Information and Asset Management
- Non-Geometric Building Information for Owners
- BIM and VDC for Facilities Management
- Big Data and Taxonomy for FM
- 3D Scanning benefits for facilities
Asset and Maintenance Management
- PI. Facilities Information Systems at UNC Charlotte $3,800 proposal for 3D scanning
- PI. Faculty Research Grant (FRG). A Reverse Approach to Owner’s Information. ($6,000).
- PI. NCDOT (RP 2017-31): Development of Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) for the Vessels in the Ferry Fleet and the Development of an Asset Management Plan for the Remaining Ferry Assets. $260,913.
- Co -PI. Product Evaluation Tracking Tools and Product Categories (Co-PI). $93,480.
- PI. NCDOT (RP 2018-10): Manpower Efficiency of the Manns Harbor Shipyard. $79,465.
- PI. NCDOT (RP 2019-10) Freight Planning Tool for Ferry Division. $91,996.
- CDT Prep Test App (Construction Documents Technologist) to enable the capability to collect data from student prep scores to analyze contribution to teaching based on areas of weakness.
- Utilizing facilitation techniques for student group assignments.