G. Bruce Gehrig, P.E, PhD.
Office: Smith 313
Areas of Specialization
· Water Resources Planning and Management
· Design and Construction Integration
· Public Works Project Delivery and Management
· Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Colorado State University, 2002
· M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Colorado at Denver, 1990
· B.S., Civil Engineering, Brigham Young University, 1984
· Assistant Professor, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2002 to present
· Graduate Teaching Assistant, Colorado State University, 1999 to 2002
· Project Engineer, R. O. Anderson Engineering, Inc., 1996 to 1999
· Resident Construction Manager, American Samoa Power Authority, 1993 to 1996
· Project Engineer, Denver Water Department, 1985 to 1993
Publications and Conferences
· "A Decision Support System Framework to Improve Design-Construction Integration and Project Performance on Public Sector Underground Utility Projects," Dissertation, Colorado State University, 2002
· "A Potential Econometric Based Decision Support System for Water Reservoir Operations," 4th Annual Colorado State University Student Water Symposium, Nov. 2000.
· "A Review of Recreational Water Quality Criteria and an Investigation into the Recreational Water Quality of the South Platte River Through the Denver Metropolitan Area," South Platte River Resource Management: Finding a Balance Conference Proceedings, Nov. 1990.
Professional and Honorary Societies
· Professional Engineer, Colorado #26710
· American Society of Civil Engineers, Member
· American Society for Engineering Education, Professional Member
· Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society