- Ph.D., Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2004.
- M.S., Management Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 1997.
- B.S., Management Science, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 1995.
- Operations Research, Mathematical Optimization.
- ENGR 1202 Introduction to Engineering Practices and Principles II
- SEGR 2105 Computational Methods for Systems Engineering I
- SEGR 3101 System Design and Deployment
- SEGR 3102 System Simulations, Modeling & Analysis
- SEGR 3105 Computational Methods for Systems Engineering II
- SEGR 3114 Production Control Systems
- ETGR 3222 Engineering Economics
- EMGT 6904 Product and Process Design
- EMGT 6906 Processing Systems Simulation
- EMGT 6955 Systems Reliability Engineering
- Linear Programming Extensions and Applications
- Assistant Professor, Systems Engineering and Engineering Management, University of North Carolina at Charlotte (July 2006 – present).
- Post Doctoral Research Associate, Systems and Industirial Engineering, The University of Arizona (August 2004 – July 2006).
- Adjunct Assistnat Professor, Industirial and Systems Engineering, University of Florida (January 2006 – May 2006).
- Full-time Instructor, Industrial Engineering, Korea Air Force Academy (1997-2000).
- C. Lim, H.D. Sherali, S. Uryasev, Portfolio Optimization by Minimizing Conditional Value-at-Risk Via Nondifferentiable Optimization, Computational Optimization and Applications, 46 (3), 391-415, 2010.
- J.C. Smith, C. Lim, A. Alptekinoglu, New Product Introduction against a Predator: A Bilevel Mixed-Integer Programming Approach, Naval Research Logistics, 56 (8), 714-729, 2009.
- E.C. Ozelkan, C. Lim, Conditions of Reverse Bullwhip Effect in Pricing for Price-Sensitive Demand Functions, Annals of Operations Research, 164 (1), 211-227, 2008.
- J.C. Smith, C. Lim, F. Sudargho, Survivable Network Design under Optimal and Heuristic Interdiction Scenarios,Journal of Global Optimization, 38 (2), 181-199, 2007.
- J.C. Smith, C. Lim, J.N. Bearden, On the Multi-Attribute Stopping Problem with General Value Functions,Operations Research Letters, 35 (3), 324-330, 2007.
- H.D. Sherali, C. Lim, Enhancing Lagrangian Dual Optimization for Linear Programs by Obviating Nondifferentiability, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 19 (1), 3-13, 2007.
- C. Lim, J.C. Smith, Algorithms for Discrete and Continuous Multicommodity Flow Network Interdiction Problems, IIE Transactions, 39 (1), 15-26, 2007 (IIE Transactions Best Paper Award).
- C. Lim, H.D. Sherali, A Trust Region Target Value Method for Optimizing Nondifferentiable Lagrangian Duals of Linear Programs, Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, 64 (1), 33-53, 2006.
- C. Lim, H.D. Sherali, Convergence and Computational Analyses for Some Variable Target Value and Subgradient Deflection Methods, Computational Optimization and Applications, 34 (3), 409-428, 2006.
- C. Lim, J.N. Bearden, J.C. Smith, Sequential Search with Multi-Attribute Options, Decision Analysis, 3 (1), 3-15, 2006.
- H.D. Sherali, C. Lim, On Embedding the Volume Algorithm in a Variable Target Value Method, Operations Research Letters, 32 (5), 455-462, 2004.
- C. Lim, Bilinear Optimization, Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science , Wiley 2011.
- C. Lim, Relationship among Benders, Dantzig-Wolfe, and Lagrangian optimization, Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science , Wiley 2011.
- J.C. Smith, C. Lim, Algorithms for Network Interdiction and Fortification Games, Pareto Optimality, Game Theory and Equilibria, Springer Optimization and Its Applications Series, 17, Chinchuluun, A.; Pardalos, P.M.; Migdalas, A.; Pitsoulis, L. (Eds.), 2008.
- E.C. Ozelkan and C. Lim, Conditions of Reverse Bullwhip Effect in Pricing for Joint Decision of Replenishment and Pricing with Newsvendor Inventory Policy, Proceedings of the IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Reno, NV, 2011.
- C. Lim and E.C. Ozelkan, Applying Flexibility Requirements Profile for Stabilizing Production Plans, Proceedings of the IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Miami, FL, 2009.
- J.C. Smith, F. Sudargho, C. Lim, Survivable Network Design under Various Interdiction Scenarios, Proceedings of the International Workshop on Global Optimization, San Jose, Spain, 225-330, 2005.
- Real-Time Network Optimization for Emergency Evacuation, INFORMS 2011 Annual Meeting, Charlotte, NC, November, 2011.
- Flexibility Requirements Profile for Stabilizing Production Plans, IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Miami, FL, June, 2009.
- A Novel Approach for Solving Disjoint Bilinear Programming Problems, Washington D.C., October, 2008.
- Network Design under Worst Interdiction Scenario, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Washington D.C., October, 2008.
- A New Implicit Enumeration Algorithm for Solving Bilinear Programming Problems, INFORMS Optimization Society 2008 Conference, Atlanta, March, 2008.
- Basis Enumeration Algorithm for Solving Bilinear Programming Problems, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Seattle, November, 2007.
- Mixed-Integer Programming Approach for Stackelberg Product Introduction Game, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Seattle, November, 2007.
- Sequential Search Algorithm for Solving Disjoint Bilinear Programming Problems, ICCOPT II & MOPTA 07, Hamilton, Canada, August, 2007.
- Mixed-Integer Programming for a Bilevel Stackelberg Game, IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Nashville, May, 2007.
- Exact and Heuristic Methods for a Bilevel Facility Location Stackelberg Game, MURI Teleconference, University of Arizona, October, 2006.
- Survivable Network Design under Various Attack Scenarios, Engineering Management Seminar, UNC-Charlotte, March, 2006.
- Multicommodity Flow Network Design Problems under Varying Attacker Strategies, INFORMS Annual Meeting, San Francisco, November, 2005.
- Variable Target Value Techniques for Solving Large-Scale Nondifferentiable Optimization Problems, Seminar Series, Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Florida, September, 2005.
- Discrete and Continuous Multicommodity Network Interdiction, CDGO, Blacksburg, August, 2005.
- A Network Design Problem with Continuous Enemy Interdiction, IFORS, Hawaii, July, 2005.
- Nondifferentiable Optimziation for Lagrangian Duals of Linear Programs, Seminar Series, Systems and Industrial Engineering, The University of Arizona, October, 2004.
- Solving Nondifferentiable Lagrangian Duals of LPs by Obviating Nondifferentiability, Seminar Series, Virginia Tech INFORMS Student Chapter, March, 2004.
- Variable Target Value Methods for Solving Lagrangian Duals of Linear Programs, Seminar Series, Virginia Tech INFORMS Student Chapter, November, 2003.
- Development of Funding Project Risk Management Tools, NCDOT, $171,010, 2011-2013.
Awards and Honors
- IIE Transactions Best Paper Award, 2008.
- IIE Pritsker Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2nd Place, 2005.
- Grado Fellowship, Grado Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering,
Virginia Tech, 2001-2004.
- Selected Doctoral Colloquium Participant, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, 2003.
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), 2002-present. (Optimization Society)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), 2003-present.
- Mathemarical Programming Society (MPS), 2007-present.
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), 2007-2011.
- Vice President, Virginia Tech INFORMS Student Chapter, 2002-2003.