Brigid A Mullany, PhD.
Associate Dean for Research
Duke Centennial Hall, Room 231
Undergraduate and graduate degrees are from University College Dublin (UCD), Ireland.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, July 1995
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Mechanical Engineering, January 2002. Topic: Chemical mechanical polishing (CMP) of silicon oxide coated wafers.
- Bose Ireland – (1995-1996) Industrial Engineer
- PhD Study Placements – (2000) UC Berkeley, CA, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), MD.
- Carl Zeiss, Germany – (2002-2004) Marie Curie Post-Doctoral Position
- National Science Foundation, VA – (2017-2019) Program Director for the Advanced Manufacturing Program (ENG/CMMI/AM)
Present Day (2004 – )
Professor within the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Science, University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNC Charlotte). Research interests include finishing of freeform surfaces, surface modification and characterization.