Brigid A Mullany, PhD.
Associate Dean for Research
Duke Centennial Hall, Room 231
Undergraduate and graduate degrees are from University College Dublin (UCD), Ireland.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, July 1995
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Mechanical Engineering, January 2002. Topic: Chemical mechanical polishing (CMP) of silicon oxide coated wafers.
- Bose Ireland – (1995-1996) Industrial Engineer
- PhD Study Placements – (2000) UC Berkeley, CA, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), MD.
- Carl Zeiss, Germany – (2002-2004) Marie Curie Post-Doctoral Position
- National Science Foundation, VA – (2017-2019) Program Director for the Advanced Manufacturing Program (ENG/CMMI/AM)
Present Day (2004 – )
Professor within the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Science, and Associate Dean for Research for the College of Engineering at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNC Charlotte). Research interests include finishing of freeform surfaces, surface modification and characterization.