The UNC Charlotte SME Student Chapter is dedicated to advancing the manufacturing community and providing networking opportunities for students. Student members will increase their understanding of manufacturing in industries including aerospace and defense, energy, medical, and automotive through:
- student presentations
- local industry tours
- invited speakers
- UNC Charlotte laboratory tours.
Student membership is available to both undergraduate and graduate students. To learn more about SME and membership benefits, download this PDF file.
Our senior chapter is SME 182. Visit their web site to learn about other local opportunities for engaging with the manufacturing community.
SME has scholarship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. These are described on the SME web site.
We host a student resume database which is organized by: graduate – internship or full-time position; and undergraduate – internship or full-time position. This database is made available to our senior SME chapter (182) members and other collaborating manufacturers through a password-protected web site. To include your resume in the database, complete the following steps:
- generate a PDF file of your resume (two pages or less); this file MUST include a footer with the following text in order to be included in the database “I give permission for this resume to be posted on the SME Student Chapter password-protected web site.”
- email it to Dr. Schmitz (email@example.com) with the subject line “SME student resume” and the following information included in the body of the email:
- undergraduate or graduate student
- internship (with desired start and end dates) or full-time position (with available start date).
You can find guidance on completing your resume at the University Career Center.
None at this time.
None at this time.
Dr. Tony Schmitz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-687-5086