Test post from LiveWriter client app

This is a test of the free Microsoft LiveWriter client for posting to WordPress and other blogging systems.  hmmm, I don’t see any more formatting tools here than what standard WP has and ScribeFire has….. yet people were bragging on this tool for use with WordPress.  It has extra plugins – one of which is to do Tables, yet in the comments one guy said it’s not needed anymore….

At first, it didn’t appear to have a table feature… but it does after all.

Have to click on the “insert” on the menu and then click on the table icon.   Seems to be pretty functional:  Easy to create a custom table, populate it, as well as go back and edit it, add/delete rows and columns, etc…   One thing though…. while the resulting post shows the “border” between each cell, it doesn’t display the border cell within the tool (which gave me the impression that it wasn’t going to do it – but I published the post and I see that it actually displays it on my post on my WordPress blog.    Weird, but okay.

Would also want the table icon to display on the standard toolbar within LiveWriter.   Though I guess it’s fine to just remember to click the “insert” on the menu first to get to it.

If you right-click on the table icon, you can choose to add the insert table icon to the “quick access toolbar” which is displayed (very small I might add) at the very top of the Windows LiveWriter window.

Food Animals Technology
bagels chickens computers
french fries birds ipads
ice cream turtles mp3 players

Shortcut keys in LiveWriter

This entry was posted in Advanced Tools, Editing Content, Wordpress Tips and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.