- UNCC GRAD Research Fair 2009: Wes Williams was awarded first place for his presentation: “Subsurface Damage: Can it be detected by quantum dots?”
- SME Kuo K Wang Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award 2007: Award presented by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) in recognition of significant achievement and leadership in manufacturing engineering.
- OPTIFAB Posters Presentations 2007: Posters outlining work done by students got 2nd (B. Corcoran) and 3rd place (A. Landis & W. Williams) at the Optifab 07 conference in Rochester, NY.
- Seamus Timoney Graduate Student Award, UCD, Ireland, 2001: Award presented by the Department of Mechanical Engineering in recognition of outstanding graduate student research.
Membership of Professional Organizations
- CIRP -International Academy for Production Engineering (Assoicate member)
- ASPE – American Society for Precision Engineering
- SPIE – The Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers